Mick Brigden, tour director for the Rolling Stones, dies in accident at Santa Rosa’s home

0

Mick Brigden, longtime manager of guitarist Joe Satriani and touring director of the Rolling Stones and many other artists, died on September 5 from an accident at his Santa Rosa home. He was 73 years old. (Photo courtesy of MJJ Management)

Mick Brigden, who directed guitarist Joe Satriani and toured for the Rolling Stones and several other major artists, died last week from an accident at his Santa Rosa home. He was 73 years old.

Protected by Bill Graham, Brigden has spent the past three decades managing Satriani. His long career included managing tours for the Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan, and working with artists like Peter Frampton, Van Morrison, Taj Mahal and Carlos Santana, according to an obituary posted on Brigden’s website, MJJ Management.

“He was the ultimate mentor in the music world,” Satriani said in a statement. “Honest, tough, caring, hardworking, respectful, tenacious, insightful he was everything and more. Mick taught me so much about how to be a good person.”

Bridgen died on September 5 after an accident occurred while tending to something on his property, according to a spokesperson.

Born November 4, 1947 in Southend On Sea, England, Brigden moved to Canada at the age of 19, according to his obituary. He worked in Toronto as a graphic designer before moving to New York after meeting Felix Pappalardi of Mountain in the late 1960s and became the band’s road manager.

Mick Brigden, longtime manager of guitarist Joe Satriani and touring director of the Rolling Stones and many other artists, died on September 5 from an accident at his Santa Rosa home. He was 73 years old. (Photo courtesy of MJJ Management)

He met Graham in July 1969 at the Fillmore West and “fell in love with San Francisco”, according to his obituary.

After working for Graham for seven years, in 1976 Brigden took over the management division from Bill Graham Presents, co-managing alongside Arnie Pustilink, who recently died of cancer on August 20.

After Graham’s death in 1991, Brigden and Pustilnik joined 13 other Bill Graham employees, buying 90 percent of the business, with the remaining 10 percent held by Graham’s two sons. In the early 2000s, when Pustiknik’s health began to deteriorate, he and Brigden sold the management business and Brigden opened MJJ with Satriani as his only client.

After living for many years in Marin Country, Brigden moved in 2001 with his wife Julia to Santa Rosa.

He is survived by his wife Julia, his son Jack, his stepdaughter Jessica and his grandson David Merz.

Memorial plans are pending. Brigden’s family requests that any donation in Mick’s name be sent to the Humane Society of Sonoma County.

Share.

Comments are closed.