Rolling Stones tour director Mick Brigden dies in accident while digging pet grave

0

Mick Brigden, a tour director who has worked with artists such as the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and Van Morrison, died on September 5 after an accident at his home in Santa Rosa, Calif., His official website has announced. He was 73 years old.

Brigden’s wife Julia Dreyer Brigden told the Democrat of the Santa Rosa Press that her husband was on the property digging a grave for the family’s pet dog when the accident occurred.

Throughout his career, which spanned more than 50 years, Brigden served as director and route director for Humble Pie, Peter Frampton, Taj Mahal, Morrison and Carlos Santana. He has also led tours for Dylan and the Stones, but has been best known for the past three decades as the manager of guitarist Joe Satriani.

Born in 1947 in Southend-On-Sea, England, Bridgen moved to Toronto at the age of 19 to pursue a career in the graphic arts. At the end of the 1960s, he met Felix Pappalardi of the Mountain group, moved to the United States and became their road manager. He quickly met Bill Graham and began working for the legendary rock concert promoter, eventually leading the management division of Bill Graham Presents (BGP) alongside Arnie Pustilink.

Together, in the late 1970s, Brigden and Pustilnik launched the Wolfgang Records label, distributed by Columbia, signing Eddie Money as lead artist.

When Graham died in 1991, Brigden and Pustilnik teamed up with 13 other BGP employees to buy 90% of the company, leaving 10% to Graham’s two sons. In the early 2000s, they sold the company and Brigden founded MJJ Management, with Satriani as the sole client.

After many years in Marin County, California, Brigden moved with his wife to Santa Rosa in 2001. Apart from music, he developed a passion for winemaking and cycling – his grapes were used. to make an exclusive Owl Ridge cabernet, and he rode a vintage Bianchi steel frame bike from Italy.

“It was 33 crazy and wonderful years of rock ‘n’ roll,” Satriani said in a statement after Brigden’s death. “I’ve never worked so hard, played so hard, laughed and cried so hard, made so much music and had so many adventures around the world, and all with Mick by my side.”

He added, “He was the ultimate mentor in the music world. Honest, tough, empowering, hardworking, respectful, tenacious, insightful, he was everything and so much more. Mick taught me so much about how to be. a good person Throughout his illustrious career he worked the biggest and the best, but he always knew the importance of being kind, respectful, cool and doing things the right way. “

Brigden is survived by his wife Julia, son Jack, stepdaughter Jessica and grandson David Merz. Donations on Brigden’s behalf can be made to the Humane Society of Sonoma County.

Share.

Comments are closed.