Rolling Stones tour manager Mick Brigden dies in Santa Rosa

0

SANTA ROSA (BCN) — Mick Brigden, who managed guitarist Joe Satriani and led tours for the Rolling Stones and several other major artists, died last week after an accident at his home in Santa Rosa. He was 73 years old.

A protege of Bill Graham, Brigden has spent the past three decades managing Satriani. His long career included managing tours for the Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan, and working with artists like Peter Frampton, Van Morrison, Taj Mahal and Carlos Santana, according to an obituary posted on Brigden’s website, MJJ Management.

“He was the music industry’s ultimate mentor,” Satriani said in a statement. “Honest, tough, nurturing, hardworking, respectful, tenacious, insightful, he was everything and more. I learned so much about how to be a good person from Mick.

Bridgen died Sept. 5 after an accident while tending to something on his property, according to a spokesperson.

Born Nov. 4, 1947, in Southend On Sea, England, Brigden moved to Canada aged 19, according to his obituary. He worked in Toronto as a graphic designer before moving to New York after meeting Mountain’s Felix

Pappalardi in the late 1960s and became the group’s road manager.
He met Graham in July 1969 at the Fillmore West and “fell in love with San Francisco,” according to his obituary.

After working for Graham for seven years, in 1976 Brigden took over the management division of Bill Graham Presents, co-managing alongside Arnie Pustilink, who recently died of cancer on August 20.

After Graham’s death in 1991, Brigden and Pustilnik joined 13 other Bill Graham employees in purchasing 90% of the business, with the remaining 10% held by Graham’s two sons. In the early 2000s, when Pustiknik’s health began to fail, he and Brigden sold the management business and Brigden opened MJJ with Satriani as his sole client.

After many years living in Marin Country, Brigden moved in 2001 with his wife Julia to Santa Rosa.

He is survived by his wife Julia, son Jack, daughter-in-law Jessica and grandson David Merz.

Memorial plans are pending. Brigden’s family requests that all donations in Mick’s name be sent to the Humane Society of Sonoma County.

Copyright © 2021 by Bay City News, Inc.

Share.

Comments are closed.