Dear future tour director,
Have you been browsing job postings that all seem boring and don’t interest you?
Don’t tell me, they go in the direction of “We are looking for someone with 10 years of experience, you will be a motivated person but also a team player yada yada yada”
How many of them actually speak to you about the company and the culture?
How often do you want to keep reading the ad? Not a lot, right?
If you are going to work everyday and devote your time and energy to a career, then you should be looking for something that matches your values and that you truly believe in.
Imagine that you are really excited to go to work, what a feeling!
If your face lights up as you read, this may be the most important job ad you’ve ever read.
The experience can be great, but it’s not the end and we’re not just looking for people with experience in the travel industry.
When looking for who’s best to join our team, we’re looking for people who are active, spirited, and passionate about travel, people, and creating experiences.
We support each other to be able to teach you the industry knowledge part.
We are looking for people who are assertive, ambitious, and enthusiastic about taking themselves and our travelers out of their comfort zone.
Wait a minute, what’s a Tour Manager anyway?
It’s someone who :
- Cares about the experience of international travelers in Australia
- Want to have a lasting impact on people’s lives
- Wants travelers to come home and shout from the rooftops that everyone needs to travel.
- Truly believes that travel makes people see the world differently.
- Is passionate about training and leading teams
- Is ambitious to grow as a person and as a leader
- Is excited about new challenges, opportunities and a fast paced environment
- Is enthusiastic about embracing the Welcome to Travel culture, and therefore instilling it in others.
- Not afraid to share and contribute ideas on how to improve systems and processes and then lead the way in their implementation.
Part of your role will be to give guides the best chance to be the best. You will also play a vital role in perfecting current routes and creating new ones. Our tours change the lives of travelers, and your role will play a major role.
Now I know that sounds cheesy, but the positive effect of our tours and our community on people is amazing. Check out our reviews on TripAdvisor if you don’t believe us….
We pride ourselves on our service and a large part of our success in delivery is due to our guiding principles.
Another reason for our rave reviews is the quality of our offerings, and that comes from working with local operators, maintaining long-standing relationships that we value.
Your role as Tour Manager will sum up these two things.
With the ability to get the most out of your team and the tours as a whole, your role as a tour manager is essential to ensuring the traveler has the best possible experience.
Well, a little about us …
- We’re a full-service travel company with big ambitions.
We run award-winning tours to Melbourne, Sydney and the east coast of Australia for international travelers.
- Our Welcome to Melbourne tour is the # 1 tour on TripAdvisor. And all 5 * reviews… SAY WHAAAAAAT!
- We had travelers from 37 different countries.
- Has been featured on UNILAD
- I have worked with some of the best YouTubers in the world.
- We even got a viral video… Things Never Said By Backpackers.
- We live and breathe while traveling and our vision is to create a world where everyone is encouraged to travel.
We know the hardest part of a trip is always the start, so we want to make sure every traveler has the best possible experience with us.
Let us tell you about the role
- While your work week and expectations are clear, the role will remain exciting and fresh as no two days are the same.
- The work environment can be dynamic and flexible, it will not be an arrival and departure role.
- Our growth to date is the result of hard work, but also of team collaboration. We encourage good ideas from all team members and we are not afraid to implement them / try new things.
- We will work hard to build and serve our community when the borders open.
You will be:
- Work closely with Adam and Darryl (directors) on a daily basis
- Based in Melbourne or Sydney (depending on the successful candidate)
- Travel to the city (Melbourne or Sydney) where you don’t live twice per quarter, for 1 to 3 days at a time.
- Training and supervision of 2 teams of guides, in Sydney and Melbourne
- Work closely with your team of tour guides to ensure guest expectations are exceeded.
- Be the contact person for our suppliers for our tours in Melbourne, Sydney and the East Coast. This will include:
- Management of the reservation of each element of the circuit
- Continuously working with operators to seek the best possible processes for both parties.
- Work with our tourism partners across the country to ensure we have the best possible options for our travelers
- Search for new arrangements with suppliers, in case of new inclusion or as a replacement option for unforeseen events.
- Manage the quality of visits, using feedback forms and reviews to keep you informed.
- Manage and implement the systems and processes that tour.
- Creation and management of tour management projects
- Creation, management and execution of emergency plans for the tour
- Work towards individual and team goals
- Make sure your team has the tools they need to achieve their goals
So if you are passionate about travel, enjoy working as part of a progressive team, and want to play a key role in travelers’ lives and in the success of Welcome to Travel, we would love to hear from you. your news.
Please take the time to write a cover letter that tells us about YOU.
We don’t want boring stuff, we want details.
We want you to jump off the page as if you are actually in the room, telling us who YOU are and in particular why you think you would be a perfect fit for this role.
If you cannot take the time to do so, please do not apply.
We want someone who wants to make a difference in people’s lives and go the extra mile.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Motivated, confident and energetic
- An excellent communicator
- Passionate about training and leadership
- Excited about learning new skills
- Passionate about travel
- Good organizational skills
- Able to solve problems
- Calm under pressure
- A good listener
- Experienced in working with people to some extent, for example in hospitality, tourism or sales *
- Management experience *
* It would be a plus but it is not essential.
What we offer
- Full time position with salary and bonus – we want to reward the success of our teams.
- Fully funded place on a 12 month management and leadership course (Cert IV / Diploma). Study hours will be granted in the work week.
- Extensive, ongoing training and support – we want you to be the best version of yourself in this role and we take training very seriously. We will provide you with state-of-the-art training, ensuring that you have the knowledge and confidence to succeed.
- A motivated and supportive team – we are a small but powerful team who look out for each other to ensure that travelers have the best possible experience.
- Travel Benefits – Once you have mastered your role, there are different travel opportunities available to you. We can’t let travelers have fun, you deserve to experience this country too.
The application period ends on December 10 with interviews starting the week of 12/13.
The role is currently slated to start on 1/17, although announcements for international / border travel may have an impact on this. This is something we are happy to discuss with you.
Good luck and look forward to hearing from you.