Tuli’s Nedbank Tour is back and open for 2022 registrations
the Nedbank Tower of Tuli has been running for 15 years and is a renowned mountain biking adventure, traversing some of Africa’s most pristine wilderness areas to Botswana, Zimbabwe and South Africa.
Taking place in July each year, participants have privileged access to hike and explore exclusive unmarked routes and ancient game trails for four days and five nights, covering between 60 and 80 kilometers per day. After being canceled in 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the event is finally open again for 2022 registration.
This world-class ATV tour is renowned for its extremely high standards of service and the unique experience of riding through some of Africa’s most pristine wildlife and geologically rich areas.
The event focuses on following strict environmental practices, working with communities and traveling through unforgettable routes, allowing participants to experience an incredible bush environment with like-minded people.
It is the main fundraiser for Children in the Wild (CITW), where all funds raised go directly to the CITW program, helping to ensure the sustainability of the program in the seven regions in which they operate.
Over the past 15 years, the Tour has hosted around 3,900 participants and raised over R20 million for CITW. This has enabled them to welcome more than 5,600 children on their CITW camp program since 2001 and more than 11,000 children on their CITW Eco-Club program since 2012.
CITW is a non-profit organization, aiming to facilitate sustainable conservation through leadership development and education of rural children in Africa. This is achieved in a variety of ways, from running CITW camps to hosting Eco-Clubs in schools and training Eco-Mentors in rural communities living on the edge of the wilderness of Africa.
To register, click HERE.
- Appointment: July 19-24, 2022.
- Admission fees: minimum donation: R26,000.
- Group reservations: reserve 12 places and pay 11.
- Distance: 60 to 80km of riding per day.
- Three countries: South Africa, Zimbabwe and Botswana.
- Starting point and registration: Mapungubwe National Park and World Heritage Site (South Africa).
- Period : Mapungubwe National Park and World Heritage Site (South Africa).
- Accommodation: luxury african camping experience
- Tent accommodation – single occupancy in a two person tent with a high density foam mattress.
- Two supplies during the riding day.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the camp (including lunch on arrival and a full English breakfast on the morning of departure).
- Water and energy supplement throughout the day.
- Bicycle technician services (spare parts are the responsibility of the participant).
- Support services from the medical team.
- Assistance and “sweeper” vehicles.
- Entrance fees to the national park.
- 1 cycling jersey sponsored by Nedbank (we will keep you posted if we receive sponsorship of any other clothing).
- Great value registration (gift) bag.
- A 20-minute massage for each participant per day of riding.
- Unique premium gift sponsored by Nedbank.
- Visa fees (if applicable).
- Drinks provided at the bar (based on prepaid tokens).
- Bicycle rental (if applicable).
- Bicycle equipment, spare parts and bicycle equipment.
- Transfers to / from the start and end of the event.
- Images and video of the event.
- Tips / gratuities for local staff.
- Bike insurance (please note that the organizers will not be held responsible for lost or damaged bikes; please ensure you have adequate insurance to cover this risk).
- Cancellation insurance.
- Full travel insurance for the duration of the event.
For more information – from previous visits to training guides – visit tourdetuli.com.
Read also :
Natural Building Collective builds center in Helderberg nature reserve using recycled materials